Most of us are familiar with using palm reading to determine fate and fortune. How about face? Face reading, also physiognomy, is a science which predicts the fate by reading the facial features of people. As the saying goes “personality and thought can be judged by people’s faces”. Through face reading, many things can be learnt, such as fate, character, future and fortune, about someone we meet at the first time. Of great importance, it is applicable to many occasions like blind date, job interview, making friends and business negotiation, and can prevent some wrong decisions. However, physiognomy is quite complicated and difficult to master. Following are some basic knowledge and techniques of face reading for you to get started and you can learn the general characteristics of someone once you master the knowledge.
Organs on Face
1. Forehead: Forehead represents one's luck in youth (from the age 15 to 30), as well as one's father, mother, husband, luck, career prospect, thinking, analytic ability and so on. A good forehead is full and mellow, without messy lines, bad moles or scars, no concave or drooping hairline, neither narrow nor overly protruding and not dark or gloomy. Types of Forehead HairlinesVertical and Horizontal Lines/Wrinkles on Forehead
2. Eyebrows: Eyebrows are known as ''保寿官'' (bǎoshòu guān, organ of longevity) related to health and longevity and in charge of fame, status and luck with brothers and friends. The loose eyebrows indicate being on bad terms with friends and brothers and making friends with villains; the eyebrows with retrorse hair suggest bad temper and criminal activity. Eyebrow Shapes and Personality
3. Eyes: Eyes are known as ''监察官'' (jiānchá guān, organ of monitoring) related to wealth and rank. The bright piercing eyes with a clear distinction between black and white are the best. Five Types of EyesToo Much White in Eyes
4. Nose: Nose is known as ''审辨官'' (shěnbiàn guān, organ of discernment) related to wealth. The nose with upturning apex indicates the difficulty in making a fortune while the garlic bulb shaped apex is good; since the two sides of the apex represent the treasury, the smaller indicates the failure in saving wealth. Between the age of 41 and 50, the apex plays the greatest impact on your luck for wealth. Neither the apex with mole nor the wry, sharp or thin nose suggests the deep pocket. Also, the nose is related to health and the bridge collapse suggests poor health. Sixteen Types of Noses and Their Meanings
8.Chin/Jaw: In Chinese face reading, the chin and jaw present one's fortune trend in later years between 61 and 75, and the luck with children and subordinates.It is generally believed that, the broad, round and plump chin is a symbol of wealth. The short, extremely jutting, pointed or fleshy chin with scar, wrinkle or bad mole is regarded as the worst.
9. Philtrum: Philtrum (Lip Crease or ‘Person’s Center’) is a vertical, narrow and long groove that everyone has between the nose and upper lip. It presents the luck between age 51 and 55. The clear philtrum is believed to be auspicious while the narrow, shallow and dull with mole or scar is inauspicious.
Three proportions refer to the three parts of your face being divided horizontally.
1. ''上停'' (shàng tíng, upper proportion) refers to the forehead between the hairline and eyebrows and it indicates the fortune, wisdom, study and elder strength in youth.
2. ''中停'' (zhōng tíng, middle proportion) refers to the part between the eyebrows and the end of nose and it represents the career, marriage and personal efforts in middle age.
3. ''下停'' (xià tíng, lower proportion) refers to the space between the philtrum (including) and the chin and it suggests the peace, children relationship and life in later years.
When it comes to face reading, every facial part suggests your luck at certain age point. Then, how to decide the luck at a certain age through face reading? First of all, you need to know the age point of each part.
Here is a face with 99 numbers written on it. The number on face means the age.
Twelve Houses, also 12 sections or 12 palaces, refer to the 12 basic parts in face reading. In ancient Chinese physiognomy books, the face is often divided into 12 sections. The location, shape, arrangement, color and gloss of the 12 palaces suggest one's fortune and fate.
Twelve Houses are Life House, Wealth House, Sibling House, Marriage House, Children House, Health House, Travelling House, Assistant House, Career House, Property House, Fortune & Emotion House, and Parents House.
Get to know the meanings of each house and how the 12 houses on the face affect your life by clicking Twelve Houses.
Facial Mole Reading
The location of moles is greatly related to people’s fortune. Generally, the hidden moles (such as in the eyebrows, beard, hair, etc.) are auspicious and the obvious are inauspicious. According to Chinese face reading, the round and raised moles with good brightness in pure red or dark black are auspicious. Click to get more about Facial Mole Reading. Lucky Moles on FaceBad Moles on Face
Meanings of Moles on Different Parts of Men's and Woman's Face:
In face reading, there is a certain relationship between face shape and personality.
In Chinese face reading, the face shapes are vividly described with ten Chinese characters, namely '圆', '田', '目', '同', '用', '由', '甲', '申', '风', and '王'. Each type of face reveals different characteristics.
Which type of face do you own? Click Face Shapes to find.
Facial Lines and Wrinkles
There are lines and wrinkles on our face. Many people think they are a normal part of aging. It’s not the only reason. Wrinkles and lines are caused by a combination of factor. However, what do those lines and wrinkles stand for? In different places, they convey different meanings.