Chinese Palm Reading – Head Line (Wisdom Line)
The head line (also wisdom line or intelligent line) is the second important line in palm reading. It starts from the palm edge between the thumb and forefinger, and extends across the palm in the middle part with the life line
below and the heart line
above. You can find its exact location from the right picture.
The head line reveals a person's wisdom, belief, attitude, thinking ability, strain capacity, creative ability as well as abilities of memory, self-control and more.
In general, a deep and thin head line is good for a person. If you have such a line, it indicates you are smart. Also, the length, bending degree, chains, donuts, branches, crossing, and stars of the head line convey different meanings.
: If the line extends and ends under the small finger, it's regarded as a long line. If you have such a line, it shows that you have a very clear mind. You are responsive, good at thinking and more considerate than others. At the same time, you are easy to think too much and get into a blind alley. (Fig 1)
: If your head line extends to the ring finger, it is of medium length. Most of the people belong to this kind. You are also smart and brilliant. Sometimes, you even have a higher ability of doing things than those with a long head line. (Fig 2)
: A small part of the person has a short head line which only extends under the middle finger. If you belong to this kind, you are usually slow to respond, hasty, careless, indecisive and impulsive. However, your advantage is that you could finish the assigned task in a systematic way. (Fig 3)
: If your head line is straight, it predicts that you have a strong analytic ability, practical, and dedicated. You were usually a born ideologist and could perform well in mathematics, commerce, science and technology fields. (Fig 4)
● Curved: You are gentle, tolerant, realistic and have a strong interpersonal skills with a curved head line. In fields like mass media, PR, literature, social sciences, psychology etc. you can show off your talents completely. (Fig 5)
● Steep Downward: If you own this kind of line, you are fertile of imagination and have a high creation ability and artistic talent. You are fit to those creative jobs like to be a painter, writer or poet. Also, you are easy to be influenced by emotion. For example, to spend a lot of money when in a bad mood. (Fig 6)
Cross the Heart Line to the End of Little Finger
● If your head line crosses the heart line straightly to the end of the little finger, you usually have too much common sense and love for arts. However, your life will be full of ups and downs. (Fig 7)
● If the end part curves, it shows you are sympathetic, rich in imagination and romantic. But you are easy to suffer from chronic diseases like hypertension and diabetes. (Fig 8)
Close to the Heart Line at the End
If you head line goes closely to the heart line at the end, you are usually confident and are good at personal relationship. So, you could overcome difficulties with the help of friends and achieve great success in career. (Fig 9)
● If your head line and life line are joined at the beginning and soon split, it indicates a decisive character with flexibility. (Fig 10)
● If the head line and life line overlap for some distance from the beginning before the split, it indicates an introverted, prudent, and thoughtful character. The longer the overlap is, the more worried, careful and indecisive you are. (Fig 11)
Separated from Life Line
If your head line is separated from the life line, it shows that you have a bold and extrovert character. The men with such lines are easy to be successful in career and women are easy to become a dragon lady. In personality, you are highly independent. No matter how difficult the situation is, you can solve the problem by yourself. Also, you have tons of self-respect, at the same time a strong sense of inferiority. However, you are not sympathetic, like to control your love, and don’t accept other’s mistake. So, your love life is usually not smooth. (Fig 12)
A person with a doubled head line is rare to see. If you have two lines, it shows that you have a strong mental ability.
You usually have a double character, liking to consider a problem from different viewpoints. If you are a female with two head lines, you are usually a successful businesswoman who has a strong personality and enterprising spirit. However, you may have many twists and turns in marriage. (Fig 13)
If your head line has a downward branch at the end part, it shows you are a good thinker who has a strong ability to analyze and solve problems. The more perpendicular and longer the branch is, the stronger your thinking and imagination abilities are. (Fig 13)
● If your head line has an upcurved branch at the end, it indicates you have a strong adaptability, good social ability, and outstanding business gift. In business field, you could make a great success. (Fig 14)
● If the line has an upcurved branch extending to beneath of the ring finger, it indicates great talents. If you make your career in art, you could stand out among others. (Fig 15)
● For a branch extending to the location between the forefinger and the middle finger, it means you are clever enough but unrealistic to aim to high. Because of this, you are easy to stir up troubles. (Fig 16)
● The branch extending to the Mount of Jupiter which is below the forefinger shows you love fame wealth and power. Also, you like to dominate others. In character, you are bouncy and full of energy to march forward courageously. (Fig 17)
Many Branches at the End
Many disordered branches at the end of head line hints that you may suffer dizziness and headache caused by low blood pressure or pressure on the nerves by proliferation of cervical bone. In addition, you may suffer cardianeuria as you have a weak heart. Therefore, more exercises are needed to guard against the disease. (Fig 18)
A Star Line is composed of three short lines crossing with each other like a star.
● If there is a star on your head line, it indicates that you may get hurt or suffer from diseases especially get a headache. What you should protect well is the head and should try to avoid any injuries of the head. (Fig 24)
● If the star is not on the head line but besides the line, it’s a good sign to show your great wisdom. (Fig 25)
If there is a star on your head line, it means you may get hurt or suffer from disease especially get headache. The crossings on the head line show that you are timid and weak-willed, easy to be worried and feared. You should especially protect your head to avoid getting hurt.
● If your head line goes down with a crossing at the end, you may have a serious accident. (Fig 26)
● Three or more crossings on the line represents you may have genetic heart disease or coronary disease. (Fig 27)
Chained head line is common to see in Palmistry. If you head line is chained, it indicates fluctuating attention, lack of concentration, much suspicion and deliberation.
If there are chains at the beginning of head line, you usually look pudding-headed with a poor memory, disordered thought, at the same time lack of determination. Also, you are a heavy drinker. (Fig 24)
If the line is chained throughout, you may have brain disease. Also you are usually mentally weak, sensitive and lack power of concentration. If both of your head line and life line are chained, it shows you are weak in health and lack of vitality. Female of this kind of line is usually suspicious, fails in perseverance, easy to be lured and tends to be willful.
● Broken: A head line that breaks into two parts obviously means that you may suffer from sudden illness. Also, some palmists think it’s related to your career. The broken means the interruption of your career. If the broken part is within 0.12 inches, it hints you may suffer head injuries or problems. So, you should be especially careful and avoid the injury of the head.
● Intermittent: If your head line is intermittent, you are usually strong-minded. In love life, most of you couldn’t live harmoniously with your partner. At the end, you may face the result of break up. (Fig 25)
For some people, the head line and the heart line overlap into a single line. It is called the Simian Line, Simian Crease or Single Transverse Palmar Crease.
It is generally acknowledged that for men, the simian line symbolizes the ability to create wealth. In fact, many successful men do have the simian line. For women, such a line indicates the hard life, bad luck to loved ones and high probability of divorce. More about Simian Crease, please click the following link:
→ Simian Line (Heart Line Meets Head Line)
→ Head Line Reveals Your Suitable Career Path