2018 is the Dog Year of Wu Xu, in which both the Heavenly Stem Wu and the Earthly Branch Xu belong to earth in five elements
. According to the Chinese astrology, if a person’s zodiac sign happens to clash with Tai Sui
(太岁, the Grand Duke Jupiter or Grand Commander of the Year) in a particular year, it will bring misfortunes and bad luck. In year 2018, people who are born in the year of the Dog, Dragon, Rooster, Ox and Sheep will Fan Tai Sui (clash with Tai Sui who is the legendary God in charge of people's fortune). → How to calculate your Chinese zodiac sign?
: 2006, 1994, 1982, 1970, 1958, 1946, 1934
: 2000, 1988, 1976, 1964, 1952, 1940, 1928
: 2005, 1993, 1981, 1969, 1957, 1945, 1933
: 2009, 1997, 1985, 1973, 1961, 1949, 1937
: 2003, 1991, 1979, 1967, 1955, 1943, 1931
Generally, the year of Fan Tai Sui (clash Tai Sui) means setbacks, such as unstable luck for career and wealth, obstacles or troubles in marriage, health issues, and even disasters. If you clash Tai Sui, you should be extremely careful in the year, during which you will be prone to disputes and conflicts, and cast down by setbacks. You businessmen will suffer financial losses, spend more and get fewer returns in a year of clash Tai Sui. In the meantime, you will quarrel more with your partner and encounter a third party in marriage. When it comes to health, you may easily have a headache or poor spirit. In addition, you will be easily framed up and betrayed, and suffer financial losses or complaints in cooperation or under misguidance, thus should be extremely prudent.
1. In folk China, the saying goes that a happy event can counteract three disasters. It is a simple and practical approach to weaken the bad luck brought by Tai Sui with happy events. You can choose to get married, start a business, have a baby or hold a birthday party in 2018 to change the poor luck and bad situation caused by clash Tai Sui.
2. In 2018, you may attend the joyous celebrations, such as wedding, to tub the positive energies and get rid of the depression caused by clash Tai Sui. Try to avoid visiting a patient in the hospital (excluding close relative) or attending a funeral, because the places are full of evil spirits which will intensify your pessimistic mood.
3. At the same time, you people clash Tai Sui should pay attention to personal health and safety and avoid dangerous activities. If you cannot avoid, be sure to prepare for safety and warm up. Pay special attention to safety while driving.
4. Since water is the source of wealth, you should take bath to improve your luck, relieve fatigue and keep an active state before doing anything important in the year 2018.
5. During 2018, Tai Sui is located at northwest, so the direction of conflict with Tai Sui (the direction of Year Breaker) is southeast. You'd better not decorate your house or shop or break ground, especially in the two directions mentioned above. Keep the two directions clean and tidy throughout the whole year. Do not place your bed head or office table at the two directions, or you will be in poor sleep, ill at ease and in low efficiency.
Ask help from your benefactor. Every animal sign has a benefactor under the corresponding sign, and you may wear an accessory of the sign to resolve the adverse effect. Find your group, the animal sign in your group wil be your compatible signs:
Four Compatible Groups (San He 三合)
1. Rat, Dragon, Monkey 2. Ox, Snake, Rooster 3. Tiger, Horse, Dog 4. Rabbit, Sheep, Pig
Six Compatible Groups （Liu He 六合）
1. Rat and Ox 2. Tiger and Pig 3. Rabbit and Dog 4. Dragon and Rooster 5. Snake and Monkey 6. Horse and Sheep
Pi Xiu (also Pi Yao or Bixie, 貔貅in Chinese) is a mythical wild animal which can drive away the evil spirits. You can wear an accessory of Pi Xiu to resolve the adverse effect in the year of clashing Tai Sui.
8. Do good deeds, be filial to elders, act prudently and behave calmly to improve your luck in the year of clash Tai Sui. For example, charity work, blood and property donation are ways to resolve the adverse effect of clash Tai Sui. Once you are filial to elders, act prudently and behave calmly, you will create a harmonious environment in daily life and avoid great ups and downs.
9. If possible, you may visit a temple and worship Tai Sui at the beginning of the year. To be specific, you can worship and pray on the eighth day of the first lunar month and wear an amulet to prevent any bad luck. Also, these methods can improve your luck under the blessing of Tai Sui.
10. Another good solution is to worship the statue of Tai Sui. Make sure to place the statue according to your birth year and animal sign. Otherwise, the wrong direction will harm the Feng Shui of your house rather than resolve the adverse effect of Tai Sui.
11. At the beginning of the year of clash Tai Sui, you'd better keep away from Tai Sui in a certain time of a particular day. Generally, you should keep away from Tai Sui at the turn of two lunar years on the day of Lichun (the Beginning of Spring). In 2018, Lichun falls at 05:28 AM on February 4, 2018. From 05:28 AM to 06:28 AM, you'd better stay in your room to keep away from others and wait for the turn of two Tai Suis quietly.