How to Feng Shui Your Kitchen?
The kitchen Feng Shui is an important part in the Feng Shui of a home. Kitchen is a place with both fire and water, so the most critical point in its Feng Shui is the balance between Yin and Yang and the proper relation between fire and water. The good use of kitchen Feng Shui can change your luck in making money and help you to accumulate wealth.
As a place with both fire and water, kitchen is the most accident-prone place in the whole house, so the bright light is the first requirement. The transparent or translucent door should be chosen in kitchen decoration and adequate lighting is required.
East, southeast, northwest, northeast and north are the auspicious directions for the kitchen.
West is neither good nor bad.
South and southwest are the ominous directions.
1. The kitchen door faces the front door, back door or bathroom door
If the kitchen door faces the front door, you may easily suffer unexpected personal financial losses; if it faces the back door, you may have a large amount of unexpected expenditure; if it faces the bathroom door, you may have digestive system disease or financial damage.
2. Open Kitchen
In pursuit of fashion or more space, many people tend to choose the design of open kitchen. Actually, the open kitchen with exposed cooking range weakens the ability of wealth accumulation. At the same time, the lampblack of frying food emits to the living room, even the range hood cannot completely absorb the lampblack, so the living room always has the remained smoke flavor which is adverse to the home environment and personal health.
3. The kitchen faces or connects with the bathroom
To save space and facilitate design, some people seal the bathroom door adjacent to the kitchen and open a door in the kitchen as a route to the bathroom, so they have to pass the kitchen if they want to use the bathroom. Actually, the kitchen belongs to fire while the bathroom belongs to water; when they are connected, the restriction between fire and water is formed. At the same time, the mephitis in the bathroom emits to the kitchen, which is hazardous to hygiene and makes the family prone to diseases. If the kitchen faces the bathroom door, the restriction between fire and water is also formed, the husband and the wife are prone to skin diseases or gastrointestinal sensitivity.
4. The kitchen is in the center of the house
The kitchen belongs to fire. If it is located in the center of the house, the family health will be affected easily since there is fire in the heart. Therefore, the kitchen should be at the auspicious location.
1. The tools and sundries should be placed neatly: the pots and pans in chaos lead to headache and are prone to germs which may cause diseases.
2. The refrigerator and the rice bucket in the kitchen should not be empty, which symbolizes the family has no worry about food and clothes.
3. The sink should have a window in front, so that you can wash and enjoy the scenery outside the window to relieve the boring cleaning work and ventilate the kitchen air.
4. The light and bright warm colors, such as white and green, should be applied to the kitchen to create a relaxing environment.
→ Kitchen Feng Shui Tips for Stove
→ Feng Shui Colors for Kitchen Cabinets and Floor