Reading the Chinese Calendar

|

Hi there, can someone assist to give me some pointers on how to read the Chinese Calendar in terms of the "Zodiac", "Good or Bad" and "clash"? I am born in the year of Rooster so may I know which column I should look at to determine which hour of the day is auspicious? Thank you very much.

May You Interest

1 Answer(s)

|  
Shichen is a timing unit in ancient China and an old Chinese way of dividing a day. Based on the time of sun rise, the traditional Chinese people divided a day which has 24 hours into 12 segments. These segments with each having two hours are called Shichen. Each two-hour period (one Shichen) is given the name of one of the 12 Earthly Branches.By observing life characters of animals in different time periods, the Chinese people linked each Shichen with one of the twelve Chinese zodiac animals.

In "Zodiac", you can see Zi is linked with Rat, Chou is linked with Ox, Yin is linked with Tiger...

'Good or Bad' means the auspicious time period on that day. It fits for each animal sign.

'Clash' means that time period clash a certain sign. So, when you choose, you choose choose the good time period and then see if that time priod clashes with your sign. If no, that's good. 

Reply This Question

Please Sign Up or Sign In to reply this question.