Where to place the Buddha altar?
Asked by M***g |
I recently purchase a 5 room HDB resale flat. Would like to know what are the things to look out for when setting up my Buddha Altar and where is the best location. Kitchen windows is facing West. Living room windows is facing North.
May You Interest
M***g | Reply
Let me know if you need to see my floorplan. Thanks
K***y | Reply
Hi Michael Cheng,
It is preferable to have a separate room that is kept clean to place the Buddha altar. With a separate room, you could include other objects, such as fresh flowers, as well as an area for burning candles and incense.
Suitable laces to put it:
1. Facing the main door: You can place the Buddha opposite the main front door of your home on a table that is about thirty inches high.
2. Living room: Buddha is also quite comfortable in the living room. The best position for Buddha in the living room is facing the front door.Although the best place it is in the living room looking out of the front of the house, it should not be too close to the door or to the windows.
3. Meditation garden: This is an ideal area for a Buddha statue.
1. You should never place it in the bathroom or kitchen.
2. Avoid placing it near electrical outlets or equipment with moving parts and motors.
3. It should also not be place against the wall that is shared with the kitchen or toilet. It should also not be placed on a spot where there is an underground water pipe or drain.