Good time to go back to school?

|

I am kind of old,born 3/6/55 but I was thinking u should maybe take a 12 week coding class to become a software engineer so that I can make a good living.is this a waste of time due to my age or will I find a good paying job after putting in the efforts or is thete a better occupation to try

4 Answer(s)

|  
There is an old saying in China goes: 'It is never too old to learn'. Although you have been 61 years old, if you still have enough energy to learn, that's a very good thing. But I wonder what's your major before. Is 12 week coding class enough for you to become an excellent software engineer? If this is for your further study, that's very good for your future job.
  |  
It was in mortgage industry which is like the auto industry...we all lost our livelihood
  |  
To be a software engineer could make you earn a lot of money. But as you know, all the companies like to use experienced software engineer instead of a green hand. I'm afraid you will be refused due to the lack of experience and age problem.
  |  
Thank you Nick for your honesty! I was also worried about spending a lot of money if it is a lost cost.a good friend of mine said any worker over age 40 is limited.i will figure it out.Thanks

Reply This Question

Please Sign Up or Sign In to reply this question.