Fire and Old Friends

|

I had two different dreams about fire. Both had to do with hanging out or working with two women I am no longer friends with. They have some of the same physical characteristics and similar conditions that we all had in common when we were young. The first dream was about my being a guest chef for a large event in my hometown. I didn't know it at first but it was at my high school. My friend was hired to plan and launch the event, and apparently someone else hired me to plan, arrange and serve a menu for the event. Now I am not a chef in real life, but I cook very well. In any case, I showed up in an industrial-sized kitchen, with a crew of people. We were all dressed in attire caterers and chefs wear. So we really looked the part. I was instructing people to prep, talking, coaching and giving instructions on how we were going to pull this event off. So I was in my zone, until my friend comes in the kitchen and interrupts me. She begins to talk about she was not sure about my meal selections and the arrangements I made. So I calmly assured her that I think she will be pleased, regardless of whether she thought my choices were right or not, because I knew what I was doing. And that she should stick to her tasks for the project and not worry about my tasks and the work I had to do. So for the moment she left the kitchen, a little perplexed, but I remained calm. On the inside I was a little perturbed with her, but I at the same time I am very accustomed to this type of behavior with this lady. I know why she acts out like that and I always had to reassure her in this way in real life, sometimes ignoring her because she was being fearful. So all of got to work for a while. And it seemed everything was coming together. I stepped outside of the kitchen and saw my friend running around, but the ballroom area was coming along nicely. I thought there needed to be a lot more done at the time. But I went back into the kitchen and didn't worry about it. I notices the stove turned of by itself. So our production line stopped. I remembered someone stating that the stove did this sometimes, but I was also shown how to get the stove going. I was going to instruct someone else to do it. But instead I thought, "I can do it, " and told everyone to pay attention so they can do it if they need to if it happened again. When I lit the stove, it blew up. At that very moment my friend and person I was working this venue with stepped into the room. To make a long story shot. My arms caught on fire. I was rolling around on the floor to put my arms out. Eventually my sleeves burned off. My arms were fine. I rolled over on my side and noticed Jeanine, my friend was lying on the floor. I was not sure if she was dead, but she was at least unconscious. I slid myself over to her, pulled her up on my lap and sat us both up. Then I started moving like I was rowing a canoe, sliding us backward out of an exit. Apparently everyone ran out and left the door opened. We both ended up in the back of the building on a platform of stairs, from which we were pulled down by my crew and dragged across the street near the field in back of the high school. They all were scared, and amazed I was able to get both of us out of there. They made me feel like a hero.

The second dream I had just last night. It was with another girlfriend I have not been friends with for about 3 years now. In the dream we ended up on a retreat together. We were sociable, and pretty friendly with each other so I don't know if we made up. But there were a lot of people, maybe 15-20 folks on the retreat as well. So we all were sociable toward each other. I noticed one of the instructors, who was going to facilitate us walking through fire. I was afraid, but I was really feeling a little insecure because I thought the instructor was VERY ATTRACTIVE, and sexy. But I knew he had to be really young. So I was trying to avoid him. Anyway, Audrey, this old friend, noticed how I was avoiding the guy, being less talkative than I usually was. So she asked me was I going to do the firewalk with this "fine-assed dude, or what?" And I laughed at her. But then I told her, "you know he is too young for me." She said, "So, but he seems like he's really sophisticated. To be a yoga instructor and retreat facilitator in a cute place like this? He's got to be on top of his game!" I still thought he was too young, but he did flirt with me a bit. But I figured he was acting this way with all of us women. As it turned out there were men doing the fire walk as well. The handsome young guy got us in a circle and we did some kind of breathing exercise, then a drumming exercise, then lined us up to do the firewalk. So a few people got across the hot coals. Audrey was in line behind me, I don't quite know where. But I made it across the coals. But at nearing the end the guy took my hand and walked me the rest of the way. I remember briefly, hearing people cheering and feeling so proud of myself! It was a beautiful beach event and I seemed to be enjoying every moment, even seeing my old friend (whom I still don't like very much). I woke up feeling like I had such a wonderful adventure!

0 Answer(s)

Reply This Question

Please Sign Up or Sign In to reply this question.