Bed is the important components in the bedroom. A correct placement, positioning and direction of the bed with Feng Shui principle are very important to help you keep health as well as bring success in work and business. Now, let’s take a look at how to place your bed for good Feng Shui.
1. No matter where the bed is placed, you should be able to see the bedroom door and window from the bed and it shall be sunkissed at dawn, which is conducive to absorb the energy of nature and good for your health.
2. The bed shall be parallel or perpendicular to the bedroom wall to avoid the sense of instability.
3. The bed shall not face the bedroom door directly.
4. The bed shall not be placed in front of the air conditioning, which may easily lead to cold; if your head faces the air conditioning, you will have bad luck and it is harmful to your fertility. Also, the air conditioning shall not be equipped at the right side of your bed or above it.
5. The bed shall not be placed against the bathroom wall or face the bathroom door directly. According to the Feng Shui theory, the bathroom belongs to water in the five elements and has heavy Yin (the negative/passive/female principle in nature), thus may easily lead to lumbar and kidney discomfort. It’s proved that most of the residents living in the bedroom facing the bathroom directly have the symptoms of backache. This is because no matter how luxury the bathroom is, it is only used for discharge, thus has poor air quality and is moister after bath. If the bed faces the bathroom door directly or leans against the bathroom wall, it will be moist and easily affect the air quality of the bedroom, leading to backache and increasing the detoxification burden of the kidneys after a long time. Therefore, you are suggested to place some foliage plants growing in soil in the bathroom or separate dry space from moist space.
1. The headboard shall not face the bedroom door directly.
You need a secure, stabile and quiet environment to sleep. The door is a necessary gateway for getting in and out of the room, so the headboard shall not face the bedroom door directly; otherwise you sleeping in the bed may easily feel insecure and suffer from neuralgia and headache. If the headboard faces the door, you can use a screen to block the door and maintain the privacy of the bedroom.
2. The headboard shall not be west-facing.
The headboard direction means where the headboard is placed. According to scientific analysis, the earth revolves on its axis from east to west; if your head faces the west, the blood will always rush to the head and you cannot sleep peacefully, so the bed shall be placed in north-south direction and you can sleep with south-facing head and north-facing feet to avoid geomagnetic interference.
3. The headboard direction shall be chosen according to your birth season.
If you were born in spring or summer (March 6 to August 8 in Gregorian calendar), you need to cool off your hot life with the water or metal direction, so the headboard should face west, north, northwest or northeast. If you were born in autumn or winter (August 9 to March 5 of the next year), you need to warm up your cold life with the wood or fire direction, so the headboard should face east, south, southwest or southeast.
3. The headboard shall lean against the wall.
If the bed does not lean against the wall, the headboard is required to avoid the sense of suspension and the headboard shall not have the kitchen or bathroom behind; otherwise, you sleeping in the bed will be absent-minded and extremely suspicious, thus affecting your health and work.
4. The headboard shall not have a beam above.
The ceiling shall be flat without a beam which may lead to the feeling of heavy body. In particular, you sleeping under the beam will feel great pressure and mental stress, which will affect your health and work. Such circumstances also include: the bedroom door shall not have a beam above; the indoor air-conditioner shall not be placed above the pillow; the bed shall not have a droplight right above.
5. The headboard shall not face a mirror.
The bed shall not face the mirror, the floor-to-ceiling floor and window because you may be easily scared by yourself in the mirror or the floor-to-ceiling window at night and feel restless, leading to dizziness, hypochondria, nightmare and neuralgia. If there is a mirror facing your bed in the bedroom, you can cover it or turn it to the wall during the night. It is suggested to inlay the mirror in the bedroom closet.
6. The headboard shall not lean against the window.
If the headboard adjoins the window, it will lead to restriction and you sleeping in the bed will easily feel insecure because you cannot see the window in front, thus leading to mental stress and affecting your health.
7. Don't face the the bathroom door or lean against its wall.
The headboard shall not face the bathroom door or lean against the bathroom wall, which may easily lead to lumbago, backache, rheumatism and headache.
→ Feng Shui Bedroom Decoration Ideas
→ Find Your Lucky Feng Shui Directions by Using Kua Number
Best choice for bed placement (1
Asked by Married a rooster | 7/19/2017 10:48:08 AM
Bed placement concerns (7
Asked by Shawn | 6/9/2017 9:04:55 AM
Bed placement (1
Asked by Janet | 5/23/2017 7:00:25 AM
bed placement (2
Asked by dogman | 5/14/2017 11:55:25 AM
Bed placement (2
Asked by min | 4/17/2017 12:33:15 AM